- Bright ideas innovation case studies
- Pushing the boundaries of social care
- Abolition of the Advisory Panel
- Local innovation awards blog
- Seeing is believing innovation tour
- Local by social: innovation and learning
- Local Innovation Awards winners
- CLG press release - LIA scheme winners
- LIA Scheme update Feb 2010
Bright ideas innovation case studies
At times of enormous spending cuts, innovation is a necessity not a luxury. The Bright ideas category of the Local Innovation Awards Scheme (LIA Scheme) recognises untested ideas from frontline staff which have the potential to make a real difference to people’s lives.
The councils that won this award are delivering a diverse range of projects ranging from micro-businesses run by people with profound, learning and physical disabilities, to an intervention programme for prisoners and their families with the aim of reducing re-offending.
Read short case studies on these innovative initiatives to learn how they are delivering significant efficiencies while improving the lives of service users.